[SOLVED] ZFS Installed automatically on updating the OS

SagnikS

Feb 23, 2018
I originally installed Proxmox on top of Debian Buster like this: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_Proxmox_VE_on_Debian_Buster
Today, while running apt update && apt dist-upgrade, I saw that it installed multiple zfs utilities automatically, although I don't use it at all.
QKQhspm.png

Also, the services associated with those packages failed to start.
UM8PEih.png

Should I apt remove these packages or let them stay there?

they get pulled in because we recently started recommending "zfs-zed" in our storage layer/package. the set of packages we depend on will change from time to time, this is normal and nothing to worry about ;)

they get pulled in because we recently started recommending "zfs-zed" in our storage layer/package. the set of packages we depend on will change from time to time, this is normal and nothing to worry about ;)

Aha okay. Thanks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!