zfs error: Insecure dependency in exec while running with -T switch on rollbacks

Asano

Jan 27, 2018
In a Proxmox cluster I'm seeing the following error more often when I try to rollback.

```
zfs error: Insecure dependency in exec while running with -T switch at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base/IPC/Open3.pm line 176.
```

The cluster is currently a v 8.0.4 but I did see the error with v 7 as well. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce it reliably yet. When It happens and I really do want to rollback I can do so with `zfs rollback` from the CLI. However, that loses state in case the snapshot was one with state and also is annoying when there are replications.

So 1) is there a better workaround than falling back to the plain `zfs rollback` command? I.e. how would I apply a snapshot with state and without losing replication status from the CLI only?

And 2) might there be a fix so that the GUI works again?

Thanks for help.

thats definitely a bug somewhere, so i'd suggest opening one at https://bugzilla.proxmox.com

is it via the gui or via the cli? in any case you could try the other one (so the cli in case the gui fails and vice versa)

aside from that there is not a good workaround ...

the technical detail is that somewhere there is a variable that comes from some external point and is feed into the zfs command (which shouldn't happen without the code checking the content of the variable)
so if you could try to reproduce it (and post the result to the bugtracker) that would help to track down the issue

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!