Zentyal Mail Server + Proxmox Mail Gateway, worth it or redundant?

ChiquiFornari

Apr 22, 2020
Hello,
I love Proxmox VE and now I'm deploying Zentyal as a mail server, so I wonder if it is worth it to add Proxmox Mail Gateway to my infrastructure.

Since Zentyal already includes Sieve, Amavis, ClamAV and SpamAssasin, will I get any benefit with Proxmox Mail Gateway or would that be redundant and add complexity?

Thank you!

This depends on your setup in general.
I think PMG really shines if you quickly want to setup a proxy for multiple domains, and want to have a good base-config for clamAV and SpamAssasssin (e.g. the included KAM rule-channel updates) - and want to have a GUI for configuring what to happen with your mail.

I don't know Zentyal - so cannot speak to if it can flexibly decide what to do with mail if it matches some aspect.

Put shortly - try if you're missing something with Zentyal only - if yes - try putting a PMG in front of it.

I hope this helps!

Reactions: ChiquiFornari
It will be really cool. I spect more opinions. Zentyal is not filtering spam correctly

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!