[SOLVED] ZED Notifications not working

In '/etc/zfs/zed.d/zed.rc' the option 'ereport.fs.zfs.data' is disabled, if you activate it, then error messages might be delivered. On Proxmox the 'pvestatd' daemon queries the storages every second, the disks shouldn't go into sleep.

Shouldn't the events also be visible when executing 'zpool events'? They are missing there too. Also I'm expecting 'ereport.fs.zfs.io' errors, not 'ereport.fs.zfs.data' errors. The affected disks can go to sleep as they are not directly used as storage for PVE. They contain datasets which are bindmounted into some LXCs.

Then it will not get send, as far as I know, the setting is only for those in zpool events. Only as a work around, you could disable the sleep with some udev rules.

Yeah, I think ZFS 0.7.2 changed something, with 0.6.9 the events were still generated. I think we can mark this issue as resolved, ZED is working as it should.

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but on my machine i had to disable zfs-zed due to eating up 100% cpu, 1 core maxed out.
But that might be cause im using old kernel ( couldn't get new one to give me a bootable system yet) + new zfs userland

@DevFx11, please open up a new thread, your post is of a different topic then by the original poster. And it contains no question to be answered.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!