Xubuntu VM wont boot with virtio scsi.

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by potetpro, Jun 19, 2019.

1. potetpro

potetpro Member
    Proxmox Subscriber

Hi.
    Does some distros not have the virtio scsi module?
    After installing Xubuntu 18.04 in a VM, it told me I/O error as it was about to reboot, then just hanging after boot.
    If i change the HDD controller to scsi single, it boots just fine. But as i read in the wiki scsi single does not support backup.

2. dcsapak

dcsapak Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

what exactly did you change? scsihw from 'virtio-scsi' to 'virtio-scsi-single' ? if yes this is the same hardware only the disks are connected differently (up to 6 or 7/ controler vs 1/controller)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. potetpro

potetpro Member
    Proxmox Subscriber

Ok, so this is strange.
    When video is set to default, it looks like it does not use SPICE (xubuntu uses xfce, dont know if that has something to do with it).
    When i use VirtIO scsi it wont boot, if i change the disk to IO-Thread, it boots (???)
    If i change the display to spice, it boot either way, with IO-Thread or without. Strange o_O

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice