XFS corruption on zvol virtual disk

mikew

Jul 19, 2019
I've got a pve 5.4-6 node running with zfs and a couple of KVM vhosts using LVM with XFS as their underlying filesystems. The zfs pool is close to exhausting it's free space (approx 5 gigs remain). The zvol in question is 3.28tb and has a reservation set for 3.28tb, however the xfs filesystems on this VM are getting corrupted and require an xfs_repair to be run on them. I am wondering if anyone else has seen this type of behavior? I suspect adding some additional space to the zfs pool would resolve the problem, but if there is a reservation in place, shouldn't that guarantee the space allocation to the zvol? Any insights you guys may have are appreciated.

Based on your numbers, your ZFS pool is very, very full. You should normally stay below 90% usage or strange things are going to happen - maybe you experience those strange things.

Hi, maybe you can check your pool with:

zpool scrub {your-pool-name}

But be advised, with a almost full pool will take a lot of time, and it will impact on zfs performance.

Hi, maybe you can check your pool with:

zpool scrub {your-pool-name}

But be advised, with a almost full pool will take a lot of time, and it will impact on zfs performance.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!