wrong sizing

elclay

Dec 25, 2020
Hello community,

I am testing proxmox ve 6.3 and I have made the following error:
I tried to increase a disk and by mistake I put 1024 GB instead of 1 GB, and now I don't know how to reverse that change.
Try to edit the file /etc/pve/qemu-server/103.conf and put back the original capacity of the disk which is 10 GB but when restarting the proxmox server it does not take the change and puts the value of 1024 GB again.

How can I revert this configuration?

1608926428937.png

Reactions: apoc
You can't shink a virtual hdd.

You need to create a new second virtual hdd, copy the partition table and all data from the old hdd to the new hdd and remove the old hdd. If everything works you can destroy the old hdd and use the new one. That only works if you don't already altered the partition table. Increasing the virtual hdd in WebGUI only increases the size of the block device. Your guest can't use that new space until you change the sizes of your partitions.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!