proxmox-mail-forward          0.1.1-1                             
proxmox-mini-journalreader    1.2-1                               
proxmox-offline-mirror-helper 0.5.1-1                             
proxmox-widget-toolkit        3.7.0                               
pve-xtermjs                   4.16.0-1                             
smartmontools                 7.2-pve3                             
zfsutils-linux                unknown

Last edited:
PBS doesn't track how much space the actual files consume. It just reports the size/usage based on what the filesystem is reporting.
To get the size of the datastores you can have a look at the last lines of your most recent GC task.

Last edited:
PBS doesn't track how much space the actual files consume. It just reports the size/usage based on what the filesystem is reporting.
To get the size of the datastores you can have a look at the last lines of your most recent GC task.
I don't need the space that the actual files consume.
I need the space that the whole datastore(s) take up.

I don't need the space that the actual files consume.
I need the space that the whole datastore(s) take up.
but that's the same?

as @Dunuin already wrote, we just report the filesystem usage here, everything else would be way to expensive to do often
if you really need to have the datastore usage, you have to put it on a separate file system (e.g. different partition/lvm/etc.)

but that's the same?

as @Dunuin already wrote, we just report the filesystem usage here, everything else would be way to expensive to do often
if you really need to have the datastore usage, you have to put it on a separate file system (e.g. different partition/lvm/etc.)
The Datastore usage is actually the Filesystem usage? It's very confusing, isn't it?

Last edited:
The Datastore usage is actually the Filesystem usage? It's very confusing, isn't it?
as i said, everything else we'd want to show here is too expensive, and in many setups the datastores are in dediacted filesystems/partitions/subvolumes/etc. so this is not an issue
also, you'd generally want to gauge the filesystem usage for the datastore when it's shared anyway...

Somewhere else someone suggested to gather/store/update statistics like this when the garbage collection is run which I think is a good idea as well.

Reactions: juliokele
Somewhere else someone suggested to gather/store/update statistics like this when the garbage collection is run which I think is a good idea as well.
we could, but it would be outdated as soon as someone makes a new backup. and as garbage collection is probably not a frequent operation (especially for slower & bigger datastores) this would be possibly give a false sense of security (ie. users think they have more space than they do)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!