[SOLVED] Working backups failing

solv

Jul 29, 2020
Hi,
I have a proxmox backup server installed on the same machine as my proxmox server. I have the storage attached by NFS into the PBS, and then re-added into proxmox storage repositories as a PBS location.
My backups have been working fine. I just have now come across this error and am not sure what's causing it specifically:

Code:
INFO: Starting Backup of VM 100 (qemu)
INFO: Backup started at 2020-10-19 13:31:45
INFO: status = running
INFO: VM Name: WinSrvMDT
INFO: include disk 'sata0' 'zfsvms:100/vm-100-disk-0.qcow2' 300G
INFO: backup mode: snapshot
INFO: ionice priority: 7
INFO: snapshots found (not included into backup)
INFO: creating Proxmox Backup Server archive 'vm/100/2020-10-19T02:31:45Z'
INFO: issuing guest-agent 'fs-freeze' command
INFO: enabling encryption
INFO: issuing guest-agent 'fs-thaw' command
ERROR: VM 100 qmp command 'backup' failed - backup register image failed: command error: unable to get shared lock - EIO: I/O error
ERROR: Backup of VM 100 failed - VM 100 qmp command 'backup' failed - backup register image failed: command error: unable to get shared lock - EIO: I/O error

I can see that it's a file locking issue - but unsure if this is on the NFS server (freeNAS) or in proxmox?

Never Mind
It was the Freenas server - it had a faulty disk.
Shut it down and removed the drive and after coming back on all is well again in the world =)

Reactions: Moayad

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!