with the API -> Do I need to query each node in the cluster for mail tracking

lonea

Feb 25, 2020
I noticed that even if I try to do email tracking in the master node via the GUI, nothing will show up if the email isn't routed through it.

That means if I'm running a API, I would need to query each of the nodes in the cluster to get the full tracking picture?

Have you seen the Proxmox Mail Gateway API Viewer already? Does searching it for "tracker" give you the desired information?

I noticed that even if I try to do email tracking in the master node via the GUI, nothing will show up if the email isn't routed through it.
This is correct - the tracking center takes its information from the node's syslog - and since each node usually logs only its own logs you only get the results for mail processed by this node

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!