wipe disk

Oct 25, 2021
hello, does anyone know the command used to perform the wipe disk on proxmox ve, I'm trying to clean a disk on the proxmox backup server, and I wanted to do it in a way that doesn't take so long.

thanks.

Reactions: suporte4
thanks for the reply.

I'll try to explain what I'm trying to do.

I have a HD and I need to wipe the data from that disk, when I use the command wipe /dev/sdx it takes a long time to erase the data

in proxmox there is a tool called wipe disk and when I use it it cleans the disk faster, but in proxmox backup sever, there is no wipe disk.

thanks for the reply.

I'll try to explain what I'm trying to do.

I have a HD and I need to wipe the data from that disk, when I use the command wipe /dev/sdx it takes a long time to erase the data

in proxmox there is a tool called wipe disk and when I use it it cleans the disk faster, but in proxmox backup sever, there is no wipe disk.
Hello I found another post for pbs
To wipe a disk. Not sure if it’s what you tried or if it’s super fast you can take a look to see maybe might work for you :)
Post in thread 'Reformat/reinitialize disk for PBS?'
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/reformat-reinitialize-disk-for-pbs.87372/post-383072

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!