Windows VMs cannot browse???

JJJames

Oct 1, 2016
I have Proxmox 5.1-41 running, and my windows hosts cannot browse (Chrome/Mozilla/IE) the internet, but I have name resolution.

The PVE host has DNS resolution. I have linux VMs (Ubuntu) and they have internet access (IP assigned via DHCP and static). They can ping and browse, and the network adapter is the virtio version.

My windows VMs (2012/2016 server, Win7/10 clients) have ips assigned via DHCP and static. I can ping websites (e.g., google), perform NSLOOKUP via the command line, perform FTP to IPs locally on the same segment. However when I open an internet browser I cannot visit any pages other than BING or GOOGLE. I cannot visit any HTTPS sites. (I checked the LAN settings and removed the autodetect proxy; I confirmed the date/time) My windows VMs are evaluations. This is a home lab for running security tool testing. I am using RTL8139 for the network device. (When I change the network driver to e1000 the NIC doesn't show in the OS)

Please help. I don't know what could be wrong.

Thanks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!