Windows Update Breaks VM

The problem with this logic that you seem to want to try to put in my mouth?

YOU DIDNT PAY FOR PROXMOX. If you did, contact them on your support. This is an open source project, find a problem? Fix it.

Odd. Maybe you should just stop posting on forums.
In fact, maybe Proxmox will just delete this forum since no one is paying for it.

No one is demanding free support. We are posting about issues we've run into, hoping someone who is more knowledgeable can point us in the right direction or shed some light on something we might have missed. If all you're going to do is complain "it's open source, fix it yourself", perhaps you need to re-evaluate you decision to have an account on a support forum for open source software. Quit being an ass.

In fact, maybe Proxmox will just delete this forum since no one is paying for it.

No one is demanding free support. We are posting about issues we've run into, hoping someone who is more knowledgeable can point us in the right direction or shed some light on something we might have missed. If all you're going to do is complain "it's open source, fix it yourself", perhaps you need to re-evaluate you decision to have an account on a support forum for open source software. Quit being an ass.

This is probably the sort of reason why proxmox forums are dead. No support and assholes like him. Anyway done my bit doubt anything will come from it

I know it proxmox that causes the problem ...

... I don't blame them just wish they'd have a quick look into it.

Yeah, totally not blaming them, huh?

This is probably the sort of reason why proxmox forums are dead. No support and assholes like him. Anyway done my bit doubt anything will come from it

Last I checked, I was free to have an account on a forum and discuss things.

Don't like what I say? Just report the post and move the fuck along. I don't really care if they ban me. These guys do more for everyone here than they should and it always irritates me when come on here and telling them their product sucks. That's what a couple of these comments read as.

If you get your feels hurt by me being straight with you, then I am sorry that you didn't get coddled enough as a child. I am sure we can find someone to give you the love and attention you need.

Iv not once said there product sucks and neither has dark pixel were simply pointing out a bug (rather annoying bug but a bug non the less) I like proxmox (even after a full reinstall of a server because of the last update) I like the fact it has a GUI (has come along very nicely in the last few versions) I like the fact its simple to use. I like the fact customers can have control over there own machines without me having to build a website around it. I know how people feel when they feel like there being attacked but were not attacking proxmox were simply pointing out a bug... That's how this stuff work users point out bug and the dev team looks into it. Maybe its nothing or maybe its something. If people don't report bugs agine what the internet would be like. Insecure and unusable. The dev teams can only test so many scenarios. How would you feel if someone didn't report a bug and in the next update it caused real issues? If I didn't like proxmox I wouldn't bother reporting a bug I'd simply leave and change to another software but I'm still here trying to narrow it down as much as possible for the dev team to look into as quick as possible.
If iv somehow offended you then you simply misunderstood
All in all honest truth I prefer VMware and virtualbox. But they have big issues and proxmox bridges the gap very nice VMware costs a huge amount of money and virtualbox is more consumer based. Proxmox falls nice in between. But also considered proxmox is beating the likes of Hyper-v in my list :) so not doing to bad.

You could try to post more details about your troubled vm (conf, logs, etc.) and pve hosts detailed info, at least.

As any OS project, it has no guarantee by itself. You can try to debug what is happening by yourself, asking others, and upstream providers too. But is a very difficult job, since most users have no troubles on similar VMs.

Of course, buying some kind of proxmox support (even being a littel more constructive, sometimes), will bring more skilled help to you.

Marco

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!