Windows Server 2019 VM keeps locking up after starting.

Jarvar

Aug 27, 2019
When I start up my Windows Server 2019 VM, it locks up and VNC Proxy, or RDP become inaccessible a few minutes after it is loaded.
I am trying to fiddle with settings to fix this. Somehow this may be related to Virtio drivers or PBS backup. It started going weird when I tried to backup to PBS Remotely and got a Qemu version error. I then tried to installe Qemu Guest Agent, and it didn't work I then disabled it.
Now my OS is locking up regularly no matter what settings I try.
I am on PVE version 6.2-10.
Please help.
Thank you.

Not sure exactly what was happening. I was about to backup everything and reinstally Proxmox OS again and reload my VMs. It seems like I had a couple USB drives that were loaded in the Windows Server 2019 VM that was causing a lockup of the VM. The whole OS on the VM became inaccessible shortly after or even upon boot.

Anyways I removed both USB drives, but kept the UPS USB connected.
They are running the server during the day at the office so I will trouble shoot it at night.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!