[SOLVED] Windows ISOs not adding to VM

brigzzy

Sep 30, 2013
Hi All,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can't find any mention of the problem I'm having anywhere else, hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction. I just installed the latest Proxmox VE (3.1-3), and I am trying to create my first Windows 7 VM, but the ISO does not want to add to the VM. I have added an NFS ISO repository, as well as uploaded the ISO with Filezilla to /var/lib/vz/template/iso (As I read somewhere that uploading ISOs with the WebUI sometimes did not work right with large ISOs). While under the hardware tab of the VM, I can go to Add > CD/DVD Drive, select my ISO and click add but nothing happens, there is no error, nothing shows up on the task panel, there is nothing to indicate an error, but the ISO/DVD drive does not show up. If I try to add a Linux ISO though, it seems to work (Edit: Not all my Linux ISOs it seems, no luck with a newly downloaded CentOS ISO). Does anyone have any idea what my problem is?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Good call, there wasen't much to go on there, here is the entry it generated:

pvedaemon[4293]: WARNING: Use of uninitialized value $data in split at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/QemuServer.pm line 885

No results for this error on google...

Please can you post your VM config (/etc/pve/qemu-server/<VMID>.conf)?

Here is the contents of the file:

Code:
bootdisk: ide0
cores: 2
ide0: local:101/vm-101-disk-1.qcow2,format=qcow2,size=32G
ide2: ISOs:iso/Windows 7 SP1 Hardware Detection.iso,media=cdrom,size=4009136K
memory: 2048
net0: virtio=A2:43:EF:F8:71:A4,bridge=vmbr0
ostype: win7
sockets: 1

Thank you!

do not use spaces in the file name (Windows 7 SP1 Hardware Detection.iso)

....... Not all my Linux ISOs it seems, no luck with a newly downloaded CentOS ISO). Does anyone have any idea what my problem is?

Thanks!

As Tom pointed out above, you cannot have spaces in the ISO file name. But i am curious why your linux ISO wont work. CentIS ISO already have - and _ in its name. Are you renaming your ISO files for simplification

do not use spaces in the file name (Windows 7 SP1 Hardware Detection.iso)

That did the trick, thank you!!

As Tom pointed out above, you cannot have spaces in the ISO file name. But i am curious why your linux ISO wont work. CentIS ISO already have - and _ in its name. Are you renaming your ISO files for simplification

Yes, I rename them when I download them, that was the problem.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!