Windows 7 and Virtio Drivers - No signed drivers found for 0.1.185 and 0.1.190, or BSOD with 0.1.189?

victorhooi

Apr 3, 2018
Hi,

I am trying to setup a new VM with Windows 7 under Proxmox. As per the wiki, I am attempting to install the following four drivers - balloon, NetKVM, virtioscsi and virtioserial.

However, I am having issues finding a Virtio driver version that actually works.

If I use virtio version 0.1.185 (stable version) - it says no signed drivers found:

Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 8.02.40 am.png

If I use virtio vgersion 0.1.190 (latest version) - it also says no signed drivers found.

However, if I use virtio version 0.1.189 - it is able to find and install the balloon driver but then a few seconds later, I get a BSOD:

Screen Shot 2020-11-21 at 3.27.55 am.png

What do people suggest

Thanks,
Victor

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!