Windows 2019: Lost IP address after PV upgrade to 6.4-6

willybong

Apr 22, 2020
Hello everyone,

Last night, I was upgrading our Proxmox environment (no cluster, just one node) and I faced a new problem.
I upgraded from PVE 6.3-3 to 6.4-6 and after rebooting, the 3 Windows VMs lost IP configuration.
I noticed that Windows (for every VM) didn't recognize the network device and I had to force IP address.
Before forcing the IP address, Windows said me that "there is another network device with that IP address. Do you want to replace that?"

Does anybody know anything about this issue?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

they are a change in qemu 5.2 in pci root bridge, and windows think that we you have new devices (so lost ip config, as windows associated ip to device pci slot number)

proxmox have a new option "machine" in the gui, where you can setup version. (5.1 for example to keep old version"). I thinked it was keeping it on upgrade.

if you have already upgraded it, I think they are an option in windows to display old ghost devices, where you can remove ip address.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!