[SOLVED] Windows 2012r2 unidentified network

Mrgcman

Apr 12, 2016
Europe
Hey everyone.

I have a Windows 2012r2 VM which I would like to attach to my second IP address. But my configuration doesn't seem to work, node network configuration:
0yjqZDs.png

(the gateway address has a different ending, it was provided by the host and preconfigured in /etc/network/interfaces)

VM network configuration:
Update; Model is set to Intel E1000 for the moment!
img

Windows can't find a active network device
img

/etc/network/interfaces:
Code:
# network interface settings; autogenerated
# Please do NOT modify this file directly, unless you know what
# you're doing.
#
# If you want to manage part of the network configuration manually,
# please utilize the 'source' or 'source-directory' directives to do
# so.
# PVE will preserve these directives, but will NOT its network
# configuration from sourced files, so do not attempt to move any of
# the PVE managed interfaces into external files!

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eth0 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
    address  89.xxx.xxx.65
    netmask  255.255.255.0
    gateway  89.xxx.xxx.1
    bridge_ports eth0
    bridge_stp off
    bridge_fd 0
    bridge_vlan_aware yes
I rebooted the node server after I applied changes to network throught the web interface.
Update; Switched to Network model Intel E1000 and changed gateway, now the ethernet cable shows as unidentified network

Last edited:
A full Class C subnet. That is interesting. Did you try using that ip configuration on a physical box to verify that it is valid?

That configutation is applied in the host server, the physical box whose hosting the VM(s). Host server is is capable of reaching the internet whilst the bridge which the VM is using is not able.

Update; I switched gateway and changed Network device to Intel E1000 and it now detects ethernet but it shows as unidentified network hence why I can't access the internet, any suggestions?

Alright, solved.

I had to configure the gateway in Windows and aswell I switched back to Virtio Network device!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!