Windows 11 Installation -> Proxmox 7.1.7 reboot

Aug 13, 2021
Hi,
i had installed with about 20 pupils a Windows 11 Pro/Edu. We had used a VM with Windows 11/2022 template, with 64GB Disk. All other settings was default. All installations was almost parallel. After the first reboot at the end of the installation proccess the Proxmoxsystem wasn't no longer online. After 20 min the system was online again. It seems that we had an crash.

regards
Michael Wagner

We do that still today. After a systemcheck all machines are OK. All W11 machines in the state of the last configuration step with setup the region. More Infos in the evening. I had updates to 7.1.8. May it helps

Now i had analyzed the syslog. I can see that the System has been done a reboot at 9:39 till 9:45 (No Messages in the log in that time). After 9:45 i can see some Messages that looks like a proxmox boot. I cant't identify any failure.

Attachments

• syslog.txt
    438.5 KB · Views: 2
Hi,

Today we had tried the same procedure again. We had the same Situation again. While the second step in the installation process proxmox was away. (Current version 7.1.8)

Regards
Michael

i a meeting today a colleague means that i also possiblem that we had a hardwareproblem. Next week we start a burnintest

The Memtest was ok. We had the problem again. Reboot while finishing the installations. We have about 16 Machines finished and running. The Rest had problems to finish thought the reboot. In the Syslog i can see only the Info "--Reboot"

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!