Windows 11 guest - Iphone USB connection not working

Mirmanium

Aug 14, 2020
Hello,

I was searching in the forum but haven't found anything related to this.
I want to use itunes to backup an iphone but I am unable to do. Sometimes through an error while doing the backup, others the pop-up trust message keeps booting on the phone,...
When I use another laptop with windows 11 as host I don't have any problem.
I know that iphone is very sensitive and requires to use original lightning cable or use a specific bitratio of the usb and I have my "guess" that can be the problem, passthrough of usb does not follow apple's requirements. I tried with another hardware too using proxmox and windows 11 with no luck too.
Anyone got it this working? Is there another way to pass through usb? I have latest virtio installed too.

1642887969272.png

Thank you,

Self-answer:
I got it working by just removing several usb ports I have configured on the given VM. Somehow those may cause some kind of interruption unable to properly passthrough phone content.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!