Windows 10 performance

xrstokes

Oct 14, 2019
Hopefully you can help me get to the bottom of this. I've got a windows 10 guest with pass through and everything seems good except for glitchy gui performance. trying to track down the bottle neck is made worse because the task manager/peformance/resource moniter all just freeze strait away when you open the window. I mean the values about usage freeze, everything else is fine. So i can't really track down the choke point. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

args: -cpu IvyBridge,vendor=GenuineIntel,kvm=on,+invtsc,vmware-cpuid-freq=on,+vmx
bios: ovmf
bootdisk: virtio0
cores: 10
efidisk0: vDisks:vm-100-disk-1,size=128K
hostpci0: 42:00,romfile=RX580.rom
hostpci1: 43:00
hostpci2: 00:1d
ide2: none,media=cdrom
memory: 24576
name: Tesseract
net0: virtio=2A:34:7F:06:07:B4,bridge=vmbr0
numa: 1
onboot: 1
ostype: win10
parent: Drivers_Done
scsihw: virtio-scsi-pci
smbios1: uuid=*****
sockets: 2
startup: order=2,up=30,down=120
vga: none
virtio0: vDisks:vm-100-disk-0,cache=none,size=249G
virtio1: vDisks:vm-100-disk-2,cache=none,size=200G
vmgenid: ****

There is another problem now, my memory performance is terrible. numa is enabled as I have a 2 socket system. but my numa misses are equal to my hits. hmmmmm, is there a way to capture the output that the script eventually sends to KVM so I can interrogate the numa settings it's sending. windows is showing the correct layout i'd expect, cores and ram split down the middle. but how can I tell how this is translating onto the hardware in terms of pined cpus and memory?

Thanks

"qm showcmd <vm id> --pretty" is what is used to expose what the script is passing to the kvm cmd.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!