Virtio - SYNC 550 read / 25 Write
Virtio - Writethrough 2837 / 12
Virtio - Writeback - 2800 / 2800
Virtio - No Cache 600 / 600

But your docs don't seem to make sense

When I use

Virtio - it installs "red hat virtio-scsi controller"

When I use SCSI it installs "red hat virtio-scsi PASSthrough controller"

But your documents say Virtio is an old block device which doesn't even seem to exist anymore at all.

• the SCSI controller, designed in 1985, is commonly found on server grade hardware, and can connect up to 14 storage devices. Proxmox VE emulates by default a LSI 53C895A controller.

A SCSI controller of type VirtIO SCSI is the recommended setting if you aim for performance and is automatically selected for newly created Linux VMs since Proxmox VE 4.3. Linux distributions have support for this controller since 2012, and FreeBSD since 2014. For Windows OSes, you need to provide an extra iso containing the drivers during the installation. If you aim at maximum performance, you can select a SCSI controller of type VirtIO SCSI single which will allow you to select the IO Thread option. When selecting VirtIO SCSI single Qemu will create a new controller for each disk, instead of adding all disks to the same controller.

• The Virtio controller, also called virtio-blk to distinguish from the VirtIO SCSI controller, is an older type of paravirtualized controller which has been superseded in features by the Virtio SCSI Controller.

we have

Under ADD DRIVE we get
BUS
IDE
SATA
VIRTIO
SCSI

Under Options - Scsi Controller Types we have

LSI
MegaRaid
Virtio Scsi
Etc.

Which is the ideal to pick
- Virtio DISK + Virtio SCSI controller or
- SCSI DISK + Passthrough Controller

The only information in this doc
are that virtio is an older (exist before virtio-scsi) controller,
what has less features the the newer virtio-scsi.

There is no information that it is deprecated or something like this.

OK thanks thats what I will use its funny but Disk Type SCSI is a bit slower then Disk Type Virtio

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!