Win 10 Guest kernel security check error (Off)

toomanylogins

Mar 23, 2021
I have my dev server dual xeon setup as a workstation with multiple VM's and passthrough a couple of nvidia gpu's and USB for headset. All works great I can snapshot, backup test configs etc brilliant except for one error on my main Win10 machine. I use dragon dictate (RSI issue) and if I set guest cpu to host I get windows kernel security check error on dragon startup. If is set cpu type of guest to qemu64 no problems at all.

I am trying to resolve as host cpu is faster when compiling. Tried all the standard fixes on guest for corrput files etc. Anyone have any idea what causes the problem when switch cpu type ?
Thanks
Paul

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!