[SOLVED] Wierd network problems

ajschot

May 16, 2021
Hey all,

I have a Intel NUC 11 and installed Proxmox 6.4 with kernel 5.11
All seemed to work fine only I could not reach the GUI, so I just installed a TP Link n300 that I had lying around (USB3 NIC)
I restored my VM Backups from my old machine all worked fine.
Then I had time to dig into the network issues, I found something on reddit and weird enough, most people are having trouble with the bridge to get network to the VM's...
even when I had removed the USB Nic I still had network on my vm's but I can not get into the GUI by the address that is filled in at the bridge.
This is a really absurt thing, so I put in the USB NIC again and put in a other IP address for this NIC.
All of a sudden on both IP addresses I got into my Proxmox GUI back again. Then I took out the NIC and... bam it was working, on the IP of my bridge, only... today it is not working but my VM's are all working and I can ping them all (except the Proxmox host) and all are working fine only not the WEB GUI.
I can off course stick in the USB NIC and leave it like that, but I don't understand this problem.

I am now not in my house so I can not stick in my USB NIC to get acces and post the interfaces config, but maybe one of the readers knows the problem...

edit: from a vm i can access the proxmox gui and ssh into the proxmox host. I must have made a stupid mistake somewhere.

Last edited:
Stupid(?), i removed the gateway… because this was filled in on the usb3 nic…. When i removed it i had to fille this in over the vmbr0, i did not do this.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!