Why is proxmox too strict?

incognitonoobr

Feb 19, 2022
I was able to install XCP-ng on the same server with zero problems, but proxmox always complaining about stuffs
I remembered i decided to not go with proxmox years back because of installation problems also
where it keep asking for too much and tried xenserver then and it was a breeze, now i use XCP-ng

Now back to try proxmox again and met with this same issue all over again
So anyone willing to point me to what proxmox needs really?
there is actually an XCP-ng installed on the disk of this server

Attachments

• proxmox.JPG
    proxmox.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 38
What exactly is the problem? The picture only shows that you started in Debug mode ...
Issue was i had error in non-debug mode before and then went to modify many things in BIOS and forgot that debug mode does not actually install
I thought debug mode means installation in debug mode???
Just retried and looks good now
thanks and sorry for the false alarm
but still I had to change many things in BIOS compared to XCP-ng

so far so good now though
taking proxmox for a spin finally

I thought debug mode means installation in debug mode???
the difference between non-debug and debug mode install is that on certain points, you are presented with a debug shell (like in your screenshot)
if you'd pressed 'ctrl+d' the debug shell would have exited and the installation would have continued

but still I had to change many things in BIOS compared to XCP-ng
what did you have to change?
the only thing that would come to mind that might be useful (though not strictly necessary) is to enable virtualization (but if you want to have vms, this is pretty much a must, for xcp-ng too i guess)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!