[SOLVED] Why I need to mount ZFS volume manualy for container after "update-initramfs" usage ?

LeDidou

Jun 12, 2019
Hello

I have a problem on my Proxmox server suddenly some days ago , impossible to start containters.

It's because ZFS corresponding volume is not mount ! (I don't know when it should be mount)

The workaround I have found is to run "zfs mount -O -a" manually as root at each reboot. It works

Do you have idea of what I have done to break my config ( some config file has changed to configure PciPassThrough)

And how to restore initial Proxmox config ?

Thanks

Didier

It was the problem !

I resume the solution for me

(I have a zfs pool named "mpool")

> zpool set cachefile=/etc/zfs/zpool.cache mpool
> update-initramfs -u -k all

I suppose during Pci Passthrough configuration an "update-initramfs" has broken the initial configuration...

Thanks a lot

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov
Glad that worked!

Short question - how did you create mpool initially? and did it work after a reboot at some point in the past?

the 2 commands:
Code:
zpool set cachefile=/etc/zfs/zpool.cache $POOLNAME
update-initramfs -u -k all

should not erase any data

run the zpool command for all configured pools!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!