Whitelist, Blacklist not working.

ArchanfelHUN

Apr 27, 2020
Hi!

I added the facebook notification email to the blacklist.
I see it in the pmgdb
root@pmg01:/etc/postfix# pmgdb dump
Found RULE 4 (prio: 98, in, active): Blacklist
FOUND FROM GROUP 2: Blacklist
OBJECT 46: nomail@fromthisdomain.com
OBJECT 50: notification@facebookmail.com
FOUND ACTION GROUP 18: Block
OBJECT 31: block message

But the postfix senderaccess dont updated. I try with the whitelist to. I see it in the web ui, see it in the pmgdb dump but the senderaccess dont updated and its not working since i receive dozens of facebook notifcation emails.
What do i wrong?

Thanks!

the blacklist rule in the rulesystem is independent of the postfix senderaccess.
check the mail log if it is working as intended

I found out already, thanks. The issue is, this is the outgoing flow. The original user have a forward to external address and therefore the incoming emails redirected to. It seems the blacklist only working if the direction is inbound at proxmox side.
What port uses the proxmox content filter? I can modify the master.cf for the port 26 too, but i dont know what content filter should i use.
I need the blacklist filtering for the outgoing direction too.

the blacklist rule in the rulesystem is independent of the postfix senderaccess.
check the mail log if it is working as intended

if you want a rule to work incoming and outgoing, just edit the rule to that (on the edit windows of the rule you can select the direction: in, out and in+out)

I dont understand.
I add the blacklist in: Mail filter->who object->blacklist
But i can only add the address/domain/regexp. I cant adjust the direction.
Where is this rule exactly?

if you want a rule to work incoming and outgoing, just edit the rule to that (on the edit windows of the rule you can select the direction: in, out and in+out)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!