Which hardware platform works?

J

joec22

Which systems has anyone installed proxmox/Lenny successfully on?

Proliant ML110?
Proliant ML350?
Sun x4200?
Others?

I need 8 drive bays and 2 x8 slots for the controller and NIC. I would prefer dual-Quads.

I have 3 productive proxmox servers:

Dell PowerEdge 2950, 12GB, Local Raid 1, FC SAN Raid 10, 2x 2 Port NICS Bonded XOR, (Dell OMSA is still missing, no time..)
Dell PowerEdge 840, 4GB, Local Raid 10
Dell PowerEdge SC, 4GB, Local Raid 5

I have a c3000 enclosure with BL465's installed running it fine.
Uses iSCSI on a DL360 with Openfiler.

I'm looking for the best appropriate Dell server configuration to fit and make a test for :
[ ] virtualize 5 XP PRO workstations (max. 8 in the future) for common VDI-Virtual Desktop Infrastructure to obtain a use and a render of near native performance for users
[ ] knowing that today a new workstation would cost between 300-500 € , the budget allocated to this server should not exceed 3500 €
If anyone can help, I remain available ;)

Thx

++

Which systems has anyone installed proxmox/Lenny successfully on?

Proliant ML110?
Proliant ML350?
Sun x4200?
Others?

I need 8 drive bays and 2 x8 slots for the controller and NIC. I would prefer dual-Quads.

I have it on a HP ML 350 G6. It works fine!

This System has 6 3,5" drive bays.

I have 4 x Dell R410's with an EqualLogic PS4000XV iSCSI SAN for storage.

Has been working very nicely for about 6 months running around 20 guest VM's (Windows, Ubuntu and CentOS)

Great :)

Are you doing VDI - Virtual Desktop Infrastructure ?
> what protocol or tricks do you use to obtain a use and a render of near native performance for users ?

Any advise ?

Could you please answer in this thread dedicated to VDI ?

Many thx

++

Proxmox :
2x Dell PowerEdge 2950
1x Dell PowerVault NF500

Openfiler with DRBD and HA :
2x Dell PowerEdge 2950

Running 6 guest VM's (Win 2003/IIS, Debian/Mysql)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!