auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet static
    address 192.168.2.29/24
    bridge-ports eno2
    bridge-stp off
    bridge-fd 0
    bridge-vlan-aware yes
    bridge-vids 2-4094

I created a vm with vmbr1 as the network device and its ip is 192.168.1.207, then I execute the ping 192.168.1.29 in the vm shell, but display Destination Host Unreachable
Hence I execute tcpdump -i vmbr1 -w 207_2_29.pcap in promox server, which I parsed "207_2_29.pcap" with wireshark.
wireshark_207_to_29.png
Then I created another vm with vmbr1 as the network device and its ip is 192.168.1.209, "207" ping "209" is ok.
I may have overlooked some network configurations...

I created a vm with vmbr1 as the network device and its ip is 192.168.1.207, then I execute the ping 192.168.1.29 in the vm shell, but display
Well, according to your network configuration vmbr1 is a dedicated layer 2 bridge, so only network devices connected to the same bridge will be reachable without routing of IP packets. Of course if you attach another VM within the same subnet to the same bridge, they can reach each other.

If you want to communicate between different subnets, you will have to setup routing and/or ip forwarding (please only do this if you fully understand your network and setup your firewall to block unwanted traffic).

Please have a look at the documentation for a few network configuration examples https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.html#_default_configuration_using_a_bridge

Well, according to your network configuration vmbr1 is a dedicated layer 2 bridge, so only network devices connected to the same bridge will be reachable without routing of IP packets. Of course if you attach another VM within the same subnet to the same bridge, they can reach each other.

If you want to communicate between different subnets, you will have to setup routing and/or ip forwarding (please only do this if you fully understand your network and setup your firewall to block unwanted traffic).

Please have a look at the documentation for a few network configuration examples https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.html#_default_configuration_using_a_bridge
Thanks a lot.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!