Where to put iso image in kvm virtualization?

a24uall

Feb 17, 2017
Hi,

I am a novice in proxmox.
I just installed 2 proxmox servers and used a whmcs module to connect with my billing software.

Used this doc to complete the installation:
http://www.docs.modulesgarden.com/Proxmox_VPS_For_WHMCS

After the installation, Vm won't boot.
I am trying to understand if the VM actually installed successfully. What I did was to put the iso file in the location "/var/lib/vz/template/iso" before I initiated the provisioning of server via whmcs module.

1) Is the iso location correct?
2) How can I create a VM by commandline specifying the iso file?

Sorry, if this is a simple question, but I could not find the answer yet.

Thanks!

An update...

I could create the VM from proxmox panel

https://ip_address:8006

Install the OS after pluging the cd-rpm and disk.
I could then create a template of the running VM in
/var/lib/vz/images/100/

I did gave the same iso details in the modulegarden proxmox plugin, but the VM wont start.

Error is :

root@-test:~# qm start 102
start failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs: CPUShares value out of range
root@-test:~#

Anybody has any input, please do share.

Thanks!

I now understand that we will have to use the template for the automatic creation of the virtual servers. We cant use iso for this purpose.
I have managed to create the template.
Any idea what location the templates be placed so it can be used for creation of new servers?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!