where is the virtio drivers for Windows into virtio-win-0.1-30.iso

cesarpk

Mar 31, 2012
Hi to all

Anybody can help me?

I have the file "virtio-win-0.1-30.iso", but i don't know where are into this ISO...

1- Drivers virtio-net and virtio-disk for Win 8/2012?
2- Drivers virtio-net and virtio-disk for Win 2003/2003R2?

I will be very grateful to anyone who can help me

Best regards
Cesar

Last edited:
I use this schema:
Code:
S.O.        Directory  32/64bit   Storage     Network
Vista       Vista      32/64        No        Yes
Windows 7   Win7       32/64        Yes       Yes
W2008       Wlh        32/64        Yes       use the one of Vista
W2003       Wnet       32/64        Yes       use the one of XP
XP          XP         32/64        No        Yes
XP old?     WXp        32           Yes       No
Hope it helps

Hi again mmenaz

Addition excellent in your wiki

I read your wiki and let me ask a question about of ne1000 emulation if is possible:

KVM and ne1000 works well with the old RH 8, RHEL 4.4 and Centos 5.1?

Best regards
Cesar

Hi, first is not MY wiki, is Proxmox official, user accessible, open to contribution (you have to subscribe first, of course) wiki.
I've no idea about e1000 with specific GNU/Linux versions, sure recent (and not so recent) kernels support it very well, but I'm not familiar with RH 8, 4.4 or Centos 5.1, sorry.
The general rule is that GNU/Linux works well with virtio, Windows have (had?) very broken behaviour with them (someone have found that some "work in progress" work much better than the current release: http://people.redhat.com/vrozenfe/ ).
Best regards

Hi mmenaz, excuse me for my language, my native language is not English. and thank you very much for sharing your knowledges :D , It is very gratifying to receive the support of people like you.

Best regards
Cesar

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!