Where is the best place to install Cloudflare tunnel connector?

Serhioromano

Jun 12, 2023
I need a suggestion on how best to organize my server.

I plan to access some of my VMs from outside and use Cloudflare Zero Trust service for that. I tested it on my PC and dockers and other devices on my LAN like NAS, camera and it works amazing. As my root router I will have pfSense CT and even proxmox UI will be hidden behind this router. My question is where to install Cloudflare tunnel connector?

- Create container
- Inside PVE OS
- Inside pfSense CT

Installation of Cloudflare tunnel connector is a simple CLI command and although I've seen YT videos on Cloudflare tunnel on proxmox, where people usually create a container and install tunnel connector there, it kind of does not make a lot of sense to me and something tells me that install a connector inside PVE OS or at least inside pfSense CT as it will be only CT that see WAN interface, make more sense.

What are your thought on that?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!