When will Proxmox support OVA?

kotakomputer

Renowned Member
May 14, 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
www.proxmoxindo.com
An OVA (Open Virtualization Appliance) file is a package used to distribute virtual machines. It contains a complete virtual machine image, including the operating system, applications, and any required configuration settings. OVA files are often used to distribute virtual appliances and make it easy to import and deploy virtual machines across different virtualization platforms.

So, when will Proxmox support it?

OVA files are often used to distribute virtual appliances and make it easy to import and deploy virtual machines across different virtualization platforms.
Does that work for you? I had my fair share of problems with VMware and VirtualBox, which both support OVA, yet does not work in all cases. Heck I got a lot of problems with OVSa exported from VMware and importing in VMware. Most of the time, you need to import them ovftool, because "an error occured" ... why is VMware the market leader if such things like export/import does not work properly? Of course, on can argue that they know of these problems and therefore they provided ovftool ... yet for most mouse-administrators, they are LOST and need to contact VMware support (seen this a lot).

So, when will Proxmox support it?
The import is supported for years ... do you mean the export?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!