When trying to backup a VM ERROR: Backup of VM 201 failed - timeout: no zvol device link for 'vm-201-disk-0' found after 300 sec found.

Jarvar

Aug 27, 2019
Weird when trying to backup a proxmox backup VM. This is the error I get, even though the VM 201 is running and operable.
When I enter the command zfs list -t all it does not show the disk for vm-201-disk in any location even though it's supposed to be in local-zfs.

Task viewer: VM/CT 201 - Backup INFO: starting new backup job: vzdump 201 --notes-template '{{guestname}}' --storage csd-txs-01 --node pve03 --mode snapshot --remove 0 INFO: Starting Backup of VM 201 (qemu) INFO: Backup started at 2023-10-12 10:20:50 INFO: status = running INFO: VM Name: CSD-PBS-002 INFO: include disk 'scsi0' 'local-zfs:vm-201-disk-0' 100G ERROR: Backup of VM 201 failed - timeout: no zvol device link for 'vm-201-disk-0' found after 300 sec found. INFO: Failed at 2023-10-12 10:25:49 INFO: Backup job finished with errors TASK ERROR: job errors

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

Last edited:
I've read the other thread.
How do I export the zpool rpool? Isn't my whole system installed on it?
That is where the local-zfs is located under rpool/data.
Do I shut down all VMS and then export the pool? I've done it with other pools, but never with rpool

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!