when running a file system backup from a server via NFS the backup fails and I get the following message:

David Thistlethwaite

May 14, 2019
backup failed: connection error: Transport endpoint is not connected (os error 107)
It worked 2 days ago but now fails every time.
ideas ?

thanks

Have you encountered any issues using NFS for your backup target? I have heard of other people experiencing NFS desyncs

I am using NFS as the backup data source, my backup storage target is local disks. Is that what you are looking for ?
I don't think that's quite what I'm looking at doing. I plan on running PBS on an old PC with an NFS share from my NAS mounted to /mnt/share_name and using PBS to back up directly to the NFS share

I didn't know if there'd be issues with this

I don't think that's quite what I'm looking at doing. I plan on running PBS on an old PC with an NFS share from my NAS mounted to /mnt/share_name and using PBS to back up directly to the NFS share

I didn't know if there'd be issues with this
I have played with that, and PBS had issues creating the initial datastore(s), that may have changed with V2, but it really wants the storage to be local.
I will spin up a vm instance tonight and test it and let you know what happens

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!