When I connect with Proxmox Server VPN, the Web Interface does not open.

pilgrimage

Oct 17, 2021
Hello, I enter the web interface with my Proxmox Virtual Server in the institution I work in without any problem. There is no problem in connection with SSH. However, when I want to connect to my Proxmox Virtual Server with VPn from Home from outside the organization I work for, I connect with SSH without any problem. There is no problem in pinging. But the Web Interface does not open. Where and what should I do to open the Web Interface I need support on this issue. Thank you.

Hello,

some questions to get more information,
- Does the PVE use Nginx Proxy on the port 8006?
- Do you insert the IP instead of domain in the URL? (please make sure to not forget the PVE uses HTTPS, not HTTP)
- Have you checked the Firewall in your PVE side?

Lastly, I would check if the 8006 port is open on *:8006 not on localhost, you can check using ss tool ss -lnt 'sport = :8006'

Hi,

1.Does the PVE use Nginx Proxy on the port 8006?

How can I know if the nginx proxy is fully utilized? I can only log in as 192.168.1.2:8006.

2.Do you insert the IP instead of domain in the URL? (please make sure to not forget the PVE uses HTTPS, not HTTP)

Yes, I'm trying using Https.

3.- Have you checked the Firewall in your PVE side?

How and where can I check the firewall?

4.Lastly, I would check if the 8006 port is open on *:8006 not on localhost, you can check using ss tool ss -lnt 'sport = :8006'

State
LISTEN

Revv-Q
Send-Q

local Addressport
*:8006
Peer Addressport
*:*

Process

Thankyou for support.

Last edited:
Hi,

How can I know if the nginx proxy is fully utilized? I can only log in as 192.168.1.2:8006.

If you don't have Nginx installed, you don't need to verify it.

How and where can I check the firewall?
By issuing the following command, this command tells the status of the Firewall on your node:

Bash:
pve-firewall status

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!