What Object - Rule to match a word in mail content

Dec 4, 2017
Hi PMG Forum :)

I try to create a rule to match mail content against a regexp.
But AFAIK, mail content is not a field like "subject" can be. Am I wrong ?

Could you give me the trick to create a rule that can match against mail content ?

Thanks in advance,
SIFHM

Hi PMG Forum :)

I try to create a rule to match mail content against a regexp.
But AFAIK, mail content is not a field like "subject" can be. Am I wrong ?

Could you give me the trick to create a rule that can match against mail content ?

Thanks in advance,
SIFHM
Hi,

You can use Message as Field.
Gabriel

What Objects.PNG

Hi,

You can use Message as Field.
Gabriel

View attachment 43424
I would vote against making such rules. It's very easy to get a very high number of false positives if you have many different rules with Message as Field so be very careful if you decide to make such rules...
I would always say no I will not even start making such rules because this is a never ending game against spammers. They will change the subject, they will change the content of email, they will change the server from where they send email. Like some spam will go pass the gateway no way around it unless you have hours per day of time to monitor every message and accept/deny them from quarantine or simillar.

Last edited:
Reactions: GG_jr
I would vote against making such rules. It's very easy to get a very high number of false positives if you have any different rules with Message as Field so be very careful if you decide to make such rules...
Hi,

Thank you for the advice.
I created these rules for several emails of almost the same type, which alternate the keywords between Subject and Message (please see the attachment). I will use this type of ruler as rarely as possible, only when I can be very precise.
DNSBL sites do their job well!

Thank you again for the advice!

BR,
Gabriel

P.S
I was just reviewing these emails and in 99% of cases, the phrase "Telegram - @Cryptaxbot" is present. I could reduce the rules to just one.

Capture1.PNG

Reactions: poetry

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!