What is 4/CPUs per year

maomaocake

Feb 13, 2022
I run proxmox with low powered nodes in my home lab, Looking at the licences its by cpu does this mean that if i buy the 4cpu subscription i can run it on 4 hosts 1cpu each? or does that mean I can run it on 1 host with 4 cpu (if that even exists) and also can I mix nodes such as 1 2-cpu node and 2 1-cpu node

Hello,

A subscription is always for a single host, you cannot split one over multiple hosts.

For every host you need to have a subscription that covers the amount of filled physical CPU sockets.
It does not matter how many cores or threads each actual CPU has, only the amount of separate CPUs inserted into a motherboard.

You can mix freely in a cluster, it doesn't matter if there's a multi-socket system running alongside a single socket one.

For subscription questions it's often best to ask them to the shop team directly.

Reactions: maomaocake

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!