What does Max Backups specify while configuring Storage

blason16

Jan 16, 2012
Hi Friends,

I noticed Max Backups "1" while configuring storage. Would appreciate if some one can shed some light on that option? What does it specify?

that means that you can store 1 backup per VM on this storage.

if you use the backup schedule, old backup is removed on every run. if you use "backup now", you can only store the specified number, then you get an error and you need to remove old backups manually.

Ah I see...nice one. Thanks for explaining this to me? And then what is the use of shared [checkbox] shared with whom?Shared with nodes in cluster?

if you storage is a shared storage, e.g. a NFS share you can mark it shared.

but never mark a NOT shared storage as shared (e.g. local storage).

Perfect that is what I wanted to know. I believe one suggestion I can provide for upcoming release is to provide Help section somewhere on window which could describe the options present in that window or some kindaa hover menu would be an excellent way. Because honestly I found so much difficulty in finding the answers and had to search on Net.

Otherwise I must admit this is an awesome product..KUDOS Team...Keep up the good work!!!!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!