WebUI Syslog Font

CycloneB

Well-Known Member
Jan 26, 2020
39
6
48
44
I am adding a new node to my existing cluster. Two of the older cluster members started at pve6 and the third started right when pve9.0 came out. This new one installed right to pve9.2. I need help with a quality-of-life change that I just cannot seem to figure out.

On the existing members from all 3 WebUIs, including the one pve9.0 one that is currently at 9.2.4, I get a proportional font that looks like Helvetica.
pveExisting.png

On the new member, also running 9.2.4, I get monospaced in the syslog output. Everywhere else matches and uses what looks like Helvetica, just not the syslog.
pveNew.png

I prefer the existing setup and just cannot seem to figure out how to do it. Any help is appreciated!
 
Hi, @CycloneB
Is there a possibility that in the browser you have some add-on (e.g. Stylus) which customizes the GUI depending on the node? And some time in the past you customized the older nodes' look but you haven't applied the same settings for the new node? Or the opposite way?
 
No add-on in the browser, but totally possible I tweaked a setting over the years. No tweaks on the new node as that's how it looked from the first login to the web UI.
 
So sort of necroing this thread because I have this exact same issue... well in reverse. I had 4 9.x servers and added a fifth... the original 4 are all using the monospaced font while the new one is weirdly using the proportional font. It's only when logged into that node, logging into the other nodes and it's always monospaced. I honestly much prefer the monospaced so was wondering if you ever figured this out?
 
IIRC, the change to monospace font was introduced exactly on pve-manager v9.2.4 + proxmox-widget-toolkit 5.2.6. Verify those packages with pveversion -v on every node. I remember seeing something related to a new structured view on v9.2.4 on the mail list. I can confirm that PVE 9.2.3 still uses proportional font.
 
@VictorSTS is right - on 9.2.21, I can see the CSS applied on the span element is the class `pmx-journal-prio-6` - which inherits 'font: normal 12px monospace'.

If you open the dev tools on your browser, then look for `pmx-journal-prio-6`, the "Styles" should show that font selection in the first "Inherited from..." section.

If you have a cluster, yet you access the entire cluster from the one URL (ie cluster.example.com is a CNAME to node1.example.com node2.example.com etc) - then depending on which host you hit via the CNAME as to what behaviour you see.

If you access each node in the cluster directly by its own URL, then it will only depend on the versioning on that installed node.

The tl;dr is that it should show you the log entries with a monospace font if your install is up to date.