webui caching - inconsistent local storage in firefox ?

RolandK

Renowned Member
Mar 5, 2019
hello,

i had a problem with firefox at least twice that i see only "Search", "Task History" and "Subscription" after login and selecting one node in the datacenter.

page reload and clearing browser cache did not help, accessing cluster via different node or via private tab or different browser resolves the problem.

via https://www.reddit.com/r/Proxmox/comments/keunqk/web_gui_issues/ i found some hint about "local storage" and indeed, after clearing local storage for the url in developer view (F12) and another page reload after that, restored everything to behave correct again.

does anybody know why/how things can go inconsistent so this happens and manual intervention is needed ?

regards
roland

hi,

accessing cluster via different node or via private tab or different browser resolves the problem.

* which version of firefox, and which operating system?

* do you have any extensions installed? if yes which? does it work normally without extensions?

if the issue happens again please post the contents of the local storage :)

>* which version of firefox, and which operating system?

firefox 96.0 on osx big sur

>* do you have any extensions installed? if yes which? does it work normally without extensions?

empty cache button and ublock origin.

>if the issue happens again please post the contents of the local storage :)

ok. thanks. will check if it's related to the extensions and will post contents then if it happens again

i think i now know what's causing it.

i had internittend crashes of node 5 in our cluster. think it's a hardware problem.

when node 5 is down and i do login via webui (via node 1), the login in webui does not complete and i need to relaod to get past past it - and after this, the webui is broken in the described way.

but then why would it work over a private tab?

think it's a hardware problem.
what makes you think that? did you see some error messages in the logs? please post them if so :)

>what makes you think that? did you see some error messages in the logs? please post them if so :)

thanks, but i mean the crash of node5 is a hardware problem and this thread is not about solving that problem.

thanks, but i mean the crash of node5 is a hardware problem and this thread is not about solving that problem.
then you could make another thread and do that in case you need help ;)

i have seen this login issue again and again in 2 clusters, independently, and for both it resolves after cleaning out all the keys in browser local storage.

i have seen this error on both of them.

1647258189267.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!