[SOLVED] Web UI session timeout

Kane

Mar 19, 2020
Hello,

I started using proxmox for the first time two week ago, and really like it.
I got the habit to open a session on the webui and leaving it running in the bacground while sometime monitoring how everything goes and just continue working with it when I needed/wanted to without any issues, but since today it seem I cannot maintain a session opened more than 5 minutes 30 (timed) before it close itself, and it is not even an idle time since it happen while working on it too.

I was thinking it may be an issue with the brower so I tried switching from latest Firefox to latest Opera, but the problem stay the same, it could have been an idle time thing, but that happen even while I am using it continuously. I searched for an option to configure it even if I never touched any settings since the installation but nothing speak about that for what I have seen.

Have you any idea about how to fix it or from where it come? Any of you already had the same issue?
Thanks in advance!

Is the time set and synced correctly? Run date in the shell of the server to check it.

Yes the time is at the correct day and hour.
My Bios clock was reset this morning (MB battery issue, I need to replace it), but I set everything correctly before the OS boot and the date was ok at that time, still is when I have just checked now

It appear to have stopped and work like before... Not sure to understand why it acted like that during a good hour
I will keep watch on the time if it happen again.

Sorry for having post this so quickly and took your time :(

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!