web thin-pool verification typo error

Mr.Gosh

Jan 5, 2016
if i create a new thin pool named "1tb_thin" i can't create a new data pool within that through the webinterface cause it claims "illegal characters"

Parameter verification failed. (400)

thinpool: invalid format - lvm name '1tb_thin' contains illegal characters

I think this is wrong on your side - but i'm not sure... - for now i'll recreate this LV with another name without the underscore... ;-)

Last edited:
it seems like there is also no number allowed in the thin-pool name through the webinterface :(

you can have numbers and underscores (also - and .) but the first character has to be a letter
and the last character has to be a letter or number

yeah - i recognized that meanwhile - but this limitation doesn't come from the lvm side, right?

well lvm has slightly looser rules (just no hyphen at the beginning) but our rules make the parsing much easier ;)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!