Web interface reformatting cluster.conf

DirkH

Renowned Member
Aug 18, 2015
Hi,

I tried to set up a HA Cluster, but the web interface is breaking my cluster.conf every time I try to add a HA managed VM.

I set up fencing for Dell iDrac as described here:
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Fencing

That works so far but if I try to add a VM it wants to change the > to >

<fencedevices>
- <fencedevice agent="fence_drac5" cmd_prompt="admin1->" ipaddr="10.10.233.242" login="fencing_user" name="box01-drac" passwd="any" secure="1"/>
- <fencedevice agent="fence_drac5" cmd_prompt="admin1->" ipaddr="10.10.233.241" login="fencing_user" name="box02-drac" passwd="any" secure="1"/>
- <fencedevice agent="fence_drac5" cmd_prompt="admin1->" ipaddr="10.10.233.94" login="fencing_user" name="box03-drac" passwd="any" secure="1"/>
+ <fencedevice agent="fence_drac5" cmd_prompt="admin1-&gt;" ipaddr="10.10.233.242" login="fencing_user" name="box01-drac" passwd="any" secure="1"/>
+ <fencedevice agent="fence_drac5" cmd_prompt="admin1-&gt;" ipaddr="10.10.233.241" login="fencing_user" name="box02-drac" passwd="any" secure="1"/>
+ <fencedevice agent="fence_drac5" cmd_prompt="admin1-&gt;" ipaddr="10.10.233.94" login="fencing_user" name="box03-drac" passwd="any" secure="1"/>
</fencedevices>

I would have opened a bug in bugzilla but didn't find the right category.

Dirk

Tested and could reproduce it, thanks for the report.
Sound like some character encoding problem from the pve-manager package, please file a bug there, including your "pveversion -v" output.
Use pve-manager as component, we can change it later if needed. https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/enter_bug.cgi

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!