Web Gui keeps logging me out

Mar 19, 2018
Hi there,
fresh install of Proxmox 5.4-5 and noticing that the Webgui will log me out after a few minutes. Is there a way to turn off this 'feature'? I'm not having any issue with 5.4-3 on another machine.

Seb

do you see anything in the syslog ?

the Syslog was also having a bunch of rrdcached errrors every few minutes along the lines of:

```... illegal attempt to update using time 1336006652 when last update time is 1336039770 (minimum one second step)...```

Odd, as it's a new server i just built, that had the correct time in BIOS, and system time was also OK. These errors seem to have stopped over the past 24 hours, and also the login timeout issue has stopped too.

Not sure what it was all about, but seems to have spontaneously fixed itself!

If you have a cluster, check/modify the NTP config, i had the same "issue". Enter on all nodes at /etc/systemd/timesyncd.conf a NTP server. This may help with the web gui issue.

Thanks a lot, this pointed me in the right direction, after wondering for a couple of weeks why this kept happening. In fact it turned out that in the systems I used actually the systemd-timesyncd should have made sure the time was synced, but on one server NTPD was also installed, which effectively disabled time synchronization as this error was shown:

Code:
$ systemctl status systemd-timesyncd
● systemd-timesyncd.service - Network Time Synchronization
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/systemd-timesyncd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
  Drop-In: /lib/systemd/system/systemd-timesyncd.service.d
           └─disable-with-time-daemon.conf
   Active: inactive (dead)
Condition: start condition failed at Thu 2020-01-09 10:44:04 CET; 3 weeks 3 days ago
           └─ ConditionFileIsExecutable=!/usr/sbin/ntpd was not met
     Docs: man:systemd-timesyncd.service(8)

The solution was to simply uninstall ntp, and restart the systemd-timesyncd service.

I also had this error, setting the correct time in the bios of my motheroard fixed it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!