web forms extend beyond web page window in some cases

Vorl

Jan 7, 2023
I am sorry, don't know where to put this, and happy to move it if told where.

As a newer user to proxmox, loving it for the most part. a few too many things need to be managed in the cli (not that I am afraid of the cli, but it's easier to fumble my way through a gui with so little knowledge :))

As part of fumbling my way through the gui, I notice that some of the web popups that stay in page go above and or below the current web page size I have.

I know this won't be common, but my resolution is 1366x768 (I use a 40inch monitor at that resolution because I am visually impaired).

Anyway, I doubt that many if any of you noticed something like that so I figured I would put it out there. I can try to identify those pages that do it if that would help.

Thank you for the great product!

Hi,

We actually target 720p (1280x720) as minimum resolution, i.e., the one where the web GUI should still fully useable even though it may look a bit crammed or otherwise slightly off with regard to layout. As your setup uses a slightly bigger resolution the web GUI should be fully useable.

I know this won't be common, but my resolution is 1366x768 (I use a 40inch monitor at that resolution because I am visually impaired).

Anyway, I doubt that many if any of you noticed something like that so I figured I would put it out there. I can try to identify those pages that do it if that would help.
Yes please, having the information where this roughly happens would help to more quickly identify the dialogues where this happens so that we can fix them.

Can you please also share your OS, Browser and any zoom settings (from OS or Browser level) when visiting Proxmox VE? That would help on reproducing this and also for testing any potential fix.

Here are some examples that's the backup job detail

1673893309680.png

This is the backup tab itself

1673893414620.png

I will update as I find more.

FYI, there's a newer pve-manager package in version 7.3-6 available on our no-subscription repository, it should address the issues you posted here - many thanks for reporting them!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!