Web control can't access (manage) openvz containers after crash/reinstallation

A

alexei

Hi everyone, I got the following issue:

There was an attack on the server and it was completely rebuilt from scratch. Unfortunately, backups of openvz containers where done using simple file copy procedure.
Now, once new server was deployed (Proxmox VE 2.0), the existing (copied file-by-file) openvz machines are working fine using vzctl (and other utils) but web-based management panel can not access any of the machines (keeps asking for the password of the host machine).

So my question is: what should I do to enable web panel to manage openvz containers?

My best guess is that I need to update the keys, but I'm not sure where I can do that and I'd like to ask the community about that.

I'm new to Proxmox an virtualization and I tried to google the issue, but have not find suitable answer. Thanks.

What is the output of:

# pveversion -v

(make sure you vahe the latest versions)

and

# ls -l /etc/pve/openvz

pveversion -v
Code:
pve-manager: 2.0-12 (pve-manager/2.0/784729f4)
running kernel: 2.6.32-6-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 2.0-53
pve-kernel-2.6.32-6-pve: 2.6.32-53
lvm2: 2.02.86-1pve2
clvm: 2.02.86-1pve2
corosync-pve: 1.4.1-1
openais-pve: 1.1.4-1
libqb: 0.6.0-1
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.1.7-1
pve-cluster: 1.0-12
qemu-server: 2.0-9
pve-firmware: 1.0-13
libpve-common-perl: 1.0-8
libpve-access-control: 1.0-2
libpve-storage-perl: 2.0-8
vncterm: 1.0-2
vzctl: 3.0.29-3pve3
vzprocps: not correctly installed
vzquota: 3.0.12-3
pve-qemu-kvm: 0.15.0-1
ksm-control-daemon: not correctly installed

# ls -l /etc/pve/openvz
Code:
 rwxr-x--- 1 root www-data 0 Jan  1  1970 /etc/pve/openvz -> nodes/Proxmox-VE/openvz

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!