Wake from suspend not working with Sas2008 based hba card.

nor500

Jun 15, 2019
I started using proxmox 6.1 on my main desktop pc. Proxmox is awesome. Though I am facing one serious issue with that. I regularly use the suspend mode (S3) and resume from suspend in order to save power and with a script reseting my gpu amd rx5500 card because of its reset bug. Recently I added a sas2008 based hba card. Since then the the pc is still going to the suspend mode but instead of waking from suspend the proxmox host mashine is just rebooting itself. However if I am booting my pc into ubuntu 18.04 instead of proxmox 6.1 the resuming from suspend works perfectly. What shall I do?

I started using proxmox 6.1 on my main desktop pc. Proxmox is awesome. Though I am facing one serious issue with that. I regularly use the suspend mode (S3) and resume from suspend in order to save power and with a script reseting my gpu amd rx5500 card because of its reset bug. Recently I added a sas2008 based hba card. Since then the the pc is still going to the suspend mode but instead of waking from suspend the proxmox host mashine is just rebooting itself. However if I am booting my pc into ubuntu 18.04 instead of proxmox 6.1 the resuming from suspend works perfectly. What shall I do?

Suspend/Resume in Debian does not work properly with every hardware. There are numerous of possible impacts, e.g. if there something is changing during the sleep phase. To have a look at the syslog from the respective period may give some hints what can be improved.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!