vzdump unmounting when completed vm backup

S

stang

Howdy.

I have an eSATA drive which I use for storing backups (LVM snapshot), and when I run vzdump, after it is completed the drive gets unmounted.. this happens if I try to take a snap shot of one or multiple devices. If I try to do multiple devices it will unmount after the first is completed.

I'm using the latest pve.

I did experience this error after setting up the latest pve: ERROR: Backup of VM 510 failed - Undefined subroutine &PVE::Storage::cluster_lock_storage called at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/VZDump/QemuServer.pm line 240.

But after apt update & dist-upgrade that problem was resolved.

Any ideas?

I have an eSATA drive which I use for storing backups (LVM snapshot), and when I run vzdump, after it is completed the drive gets unmounted.

Please can you post the 'vzdump' options you use? Do you backup VMs or Containers?

Hi dietmar, I'm backing up VMs using the following command; vzdump 500 --mode snapshot --storage ext-backups --node b2

Where ext-storage is the mounted directory.

I have also tried just using --dumpdir.

I have the following udev rules for mounting/unmounting automatically.

ACTION=="add", UID=="01f0ba97-11a2-4d67-b56c-11f0d3f5a2b6", RUN+="/bin/mount -U 01f0ba97-11a2-4d67-b56c-11f0d3f5a2b6 /var/backups/ext"
ACTION=="remove", UID=="01f0ba97-11a2-4d67-b56c-11f0d3f5a2b6", RUN+="/bin/umount /var/backups/ext"

Removing this seems to have resolved the issue.. I had these on a previous installation and it worked fine, any ideas?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!