vzdump: rbd: sysfs write failed ?

fips

Renowned Member
May 5, 2014
Hi,

in the last weeks, I would say since update to 5.1, I receive this behaviour:
Backups from ceph are made to a NFS Storage.
I receive this error, almost daily:
Code:
rbd snapshot 'vm-208-disk-2' error: rbd: failed to create snapshot: (17) File exists
So I delete the snapshopt, next time vzdump want to run a backup I receive this error:
Code:
INFO: starting new backup job: vzdump 208 --storage Backup --node ceph6 --mode snapshot --compress lzo --remove 0
INFO: Starting Backup of VM 208 (lxc)
INFO: status = running
INFO: CT Name: www.example.at
INFO: found old vzdump snapshot (force removal)
rbd: sysfs write failed
can't unmap rbd volume vm-208-disk-2: rbd: sysfs write failed
INFO: backup mode: snapshot
INFO: ionice priority: 7
INFO: create storage snapshot 'vzdump'
mount: /dev/rbd11 is already mounted or /mnt/vzsnap0 busy
umount: /mnt/vzsnap0/: not mounted
command 'umount -l -d /mnt/vzsnap0/' failed: exit code 32
ERROR: Backup of VM 208 failed - command 'mount -o ro,noload /dev/rbd11 /mnt/vzsnap0//' failed: exit code 32
INFO: Backup job finished with errors
TASK ERROR: job errors
When I move the CT to another node, backup of it can be made. If I move the CT back to the previous node, I get the same error like above.

How can I get rid of this?

No.
Workaround: root disks of those VMs are stored on local-zfs
Since this workaround (about Oct 2018), backup to the same NFS store works without any issues.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!